Friday, January 11, 2013

Here and Gone

 
Detail of broach.

My latest painting with a love story behind it that touches my romantic heart.  Teenage love, reunited after 30 years and a pre-Christmas engagement.  I was totally caught up in the details of this painting, the beautiful broach, carved metal pieces and the plaid.  I'm not sure what it is about plaid, it fills me with warmth and imagined coziness.
Two little sweeties on an adventure, skipping down the path in the secret forest.  This is how I always imagine a hike with J.  It is rarely how it turns out, inevitably I push him to far when he really just wants to play hide and go seek, but I couldn't stop thinking of how much fun it could be. 
I hope this Christmas commission brings special memories to mind for the parent's. 

The final touches went on this painting before Christmas, I think.  I am tempted to put the original cupola on.  It had a beautiful shape.  I am sadden when these historic landmarks can't be up kept in their original form.  This painting is safety on display so it can't distract me from other projects. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. How dumb am I to only find this now?? Thank you SO much for the beautiful depiction of our kids during a peaceful moment in the woods. And yes...it's a rarity. Normally they are barrelling down muddy trails or pummelling each other. (0:

    Dwain adored it and we get many compliments on it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete